Formed in 2012 under the aegis of the National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and currently functioning under the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). Gem & Jewellery Skill Council of India (GJSCI) is the nodal entity for skill development of the Indian Gems & Jewellery industry.
It covers skilling under all the areas and functions of the industry such as diamond processing, colored gemstone processing, jewellery manufacturing, wholesale, retail and exports.
Gems and Jewellery industry currently employs about 4.64 million employees and is slated to employ an additional of 3.59 million by 2022.
To create an organized training and development ecosystem in the gems and jewellery industry to produce skilled workforce at par with global quality standards.
Our Founder organizations
- To identify skill development needs in the Gem and Jewellery sector in India.
- Our study reports for Gems and Jewellery Industry
- To determine skills / competency standards and develop curriculum as per world Industry standards by creating National Occupational Standards (NOS) for every job role prevailing in the Gem & Jewellery industry.
- Developed 86 validated QP / NOS covering 7 sub-sectors.
- Initiate Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) across India to Recognize the Prior Learning of artisans and provide them with suitable opportunities.
- 22,500+ artisans have been certified across India under RPL
- Initiate Dakshagraam across India to upgrade manufacturing setups with latest technologies to improve productivity and reduce gold loss.
- Affiliate institutes imparting training in the Gems and Jewellery industry.
- More than 200+ training partners affiliated across India
- Establish Academies of Excellence in the sector PAN India.
- 3 Academies of Excellence
GJEPC is the Apex body of the gems & jewellery industry that was setup by the Ministry of Commerce, Government of India to promote Indian gems and Jewellery industry and its products. It currently represents almost 6000 exporters in the sector.
All India Gem and Jewellery Domestic Council is a national trade federation established with the objective to address the industry, its functioning and its cause with a 360° approach to promote and progress its growth, while protecting the industry’s interests. As a self-regulated trade body, GJC, since the last 10 years, has been serving as a bridge between the Government and the trade as well as undertaking various initiatives on behalf of and for the industry.
The SEEPZ Gems & Jewellery Manufacturers' Association (SGJMA) is the representative body of the Gem & Jewellery units in SEEPZ SEZ. The SGJMA is as an inter-face between the units in the Zone and the Governmental authorities for solving their various issues coming in the way of export production and growth of the Zone.
The Jewellers Association, Jaipur was established for the betterment and growth of Gem & Jewellery Trade of Jaipur.